Peanut butter lovers are in a class by themselves. They are obsessed with that sticky, gooey, rich slather that is enormously satisfying with just the lick of a spoon. Add in some flour, sugar and of course chocolate (in this case in the shape of kiss) and you have a peanut butter lover’s sweet dream.
Kudos to Hershey Chocolate for coming up with this delectable cookie that belongs in every nut lovers Christmas cookie jar.
There are many variables to this cookie using all of the flavors of Hershey’s Kisses, but the original remains our family’s favorite and if you are a peanut butter lover, they are the best. Enjoy!
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses brand milk chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Yield about 4 dozen cookies.
Raise Your Spirits and Get the Dish!