The 2013 Universal Whisky Experience is promising to be the best yet. Founded by real estate developer and whisky enthusiast Mahesh Patel, the Universal Whisky Experience is celebrating its third birthday by convening more than 200 of the world’s finest whiskies in Las Vegas for one unforgettable weekend, March 1-2, 2013.
Read more and discover how DFW fans can score connoisseur tickets for 25%+ off!
“Whisky enthusiasts value rarity and exclusivity not only in their sips, but also in their experiences.” says Patel. “In creating this year’s experience, we’ve curated the finest and most rare whiskies, alongside some truly spectacular excursions and added whisky and investment enrichment sessions to create a one-of-a-kind weekend that will truly wow our guests.”
Attending guests can enjoy a menu of exclusive experiences, including:
- The rare “Super Pours” representing whiskies valued at more than $300 a dram
- The U.S. launch of Johnnie Walker’s Diamond Jubilee
- The premiere tasting of Karuizawa Single Malt Whisky from Japan
- A stroll-around tasting featuring the world’s most distinguished and coveted whiskies
- A gourmet welcome dinner from the Wynn’s Executive Chef James Benson
- A series of Master seminar classes led by renowned whisky ambassadors
- Direct access to meet the makers of the best whiskies in the world.
Additionally, two hallmark events have been added to the schedule:
- “Glen Canyon:” Guests will enjoy a chartered helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon and a tasting of three very rare offerings from the Glenfiddich Distillery led by Ian Millar, Global Brand Ambassador, William Grant & Sons. Price: $1,295.00
- “Golf with the Masters:” A round of golf at the Bear’s Best Club, a tribute course designed by Jack Nicklaus. Each foursome will include a master distiller or whisky expert, as well as enjoy whisky samplings during the round, concluded by a guided whisky tasting. Price: $365
The weekend kicks off with two days of optional pre-events commencing on February 27 and extending into the overall tasting experience March 1-2. Guests can select from three different experience levels during the weekend. Highlights include:
- Connoisseur Experience – Ideal for the novice whisky tippler. This package includes a choice of two pre-show events; two “Super Pours”; access to the strolling tasting; tickets to the Gourmet Dinner Reception; and a handmade cut crystal Glencairn tasting glass. Price: $525.00
- High Roller Experience – The full deal includes the all the bells and whistles for three days of exceptional Whisky tasting. Guests will enjoy all benefits in the Connoisseur package, plus unlimited “Super Pour” tastings; and a commemorated Bottle of 1966 Nth Glenfarclas. Price: $2,295.00
- Companion Experience – Perfect for the non-whisky drinker, this package includes events offered at the Connoisseur level, plus champagne and wines. Price: $275.00
** Complete program information and ticket sales can be found at www.universalwhiskyexperience.com.
** Enter Daily Food & Wine discount code DS578 for $150.00 OFF of each ticket for the Connoisseur Experience. **